Matthew 12:30-32
30 “Anyone who isn’t with me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me. 31 “So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven—except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come.
Here is my thought about about verse 32, does it mean if you just say a bad word about the Holy spirit you are not forgiven or if you falsely say you feel or have experienced something the holy spirit has done? So many things go through my head and I am not completely sure so this is something I know in my life I will have to pray about it to get revealed to me! Does it mean their is a unforgivable sin? Wow so lets all think of our life, what will happen if you did that? Does it mean on judgement day you won't be forgiven and enter the kingdom of God? Does it mean if only you live your life for Christ after you have done this you will? I don't know, honestly and I will just have to keep searching in the Bible to see what else it says about this. So in all honestly we all need to live our lives for Christ and try and make everyday to be more like him! We will NEVER be perfect but Jesus is and only through him can we even begin to strive for that. Let this be my prayer today that I become closer to God and try to live my life only for him and strive to be like him more and more everyday! Thank-you Lord for just giving me another chance to live my life for you and strive to be more like you!
Here is another verse that also caught my attention in my reading today:
Matthew 12:33
“A tree is identified by its fruit. If a tree is good, its fruit will be good. If a tree is bad, its fruit will be bad. What does it mean to be a Christian? If we only "act" like Christians but have no relationship with Christ what does that make us? What do Christians act like? I have heard it said many times and I believe that its not about religion but about a relationship.....a relationship with Jesus Christ! If you are reading your Bible, praying, fasting, trying to live your life everyday to more and more like Christ then I believe you are on your way. All we can do in this world is to strive and be more like him and the only way that we can do that is if we start to have a closer relationship with him. If your relationship is strong then your walk in Christ will be strong. Lets all think about right now if we were a tree (hypothetically) would our fruit be Delicious and tasty or smell and rotten? Which ever it may be there is STILL TIME TO CHANGE IT if its not so good or even if its good. Everyday is a new day to become closer to God and develop our relationship to him. If you have been a christian for a week or for 20 years, everyday you should be striving to become closer and make your fruit more delicious! lol yes I know a funny way to put it but its very true! Lets all further our relationship with Christ so we can become the tastiest fruit until we make it to our eternal home in heaven! One last question to leave you with? If you were an apple (hypothetically again) would Jesus like it or even want to eat it?
I am so greatful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, his love is powerful, his Grace is Eternal, his Blood cover all sins,, all we have to do is ask.... The bible says we have not because we ask not.. I hope christians remember to keep on asking,,,
ReplyDelete