Thursday, March 24, 2011

Great Day

Today I went to bible study so I am a little behind on making a post. We had a great lesson and my prayers were answered! My son did really well in nursery. He is improving on being around other children and my daughter also did well! That really makes me happy. I am going to a women's retreat this weekend so I may be late on posts or I might not even post depending on whats going on! I am very excited! It will be nice to be around other women of God and have a weekend break of taking care of my babies! My husband will get to really know what I go through day to day lol Anyways today I read Matthew 11. I really wanted to just reflect on what I was reading today as best I could so I only read one chapter. This chapter talked a lot about John the Baptist. Here are a few of the verses that caught my attention today!

                                                                     Matthew 11:28-30
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Psalm 73: 23-28
23 Yet I still belong to you;
      you hold my right hand.
 24 You guide me with your counsel,
      leading me to a glorious destiny.
 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
      I desire you more than anything on earth.
 26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
      but God remains the strength of my heart;
      he is mine forever.
 27 Those who desert him will perish,
      for you destroy those who abandon you.
 28 But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
      I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,
      and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.

                                                                    Hebrews 11:1-3
 1 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. 2 Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation.
 3 By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.

The last few verses were actually from my bible study this morning. Hebrews Chapter 11 is a great chapter! All about faith and many many people from the old testament who had great faith! You should read it! It is just amazing to read about people like this and gives me a lot of inspiration for the future! Anyways I hope all who read this have a great day! take care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment