Today I read Matthew 5-7. So many great things in these passages. It talked about forgiveness, judging others, prayer, money, giving to the needy and so much more. Here are a few passages that spoke to me and I think a lot of people will recognize.
Matthew 5:44-45
But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.
Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
Matthew 6:31-34
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today
Matthew 7:13-14
13 “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. 14 But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.
WOW! There are so many great verses in these chapters that I decided not to type all of them that spoke to me. The third set of verses I wrote really spoke to me. Since I am now a mother I tend to worry about EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING!! Will my children have enough to eat? clothes to wear? someone to care for them? talk to them? take care of them?......etc etc!! If you can think it...I have probably thought about it and worried about it. I just want the best for my children and I always want to know that they are getting everything they could possibly need. I know that is an actually sin to worry and its something that the Lord is helping me with everyday! I think about now how much God loves me and sent his only son to die for me! He really must of loved me to sacrifice his child. So why should I worry? The utmost maker of the world loves me and MY children. Aren't they in the best hands.....yes I have to say. I know the the Lord is working on me and helping me to give all my worries about my children to him and helping me to realize that he has got this!! I mean he really has got this and will love and protect and provide everything that we could possibly need to us. All I know is that I am thankful to have such a great God! Thank-you Lord for giving us EVERYTHING we need!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment