Monday, March 21, 2011

I am a Friend of God!!!!

Today I decided to start reading in Matthew. I read chapters 1-4. There were a lot of passages that caught my attention but actually it was in a sidebar that really caught my attention. I just bought myself a new bible, It is called the Sanctuary bible and it is in the New Living Translation. Anyways, every couple chapters there is a sidebar called my daily sanctuary and it is kind of a devotion and well today there was a verse with it and it really caught my attention! Here it is!!                                                                   
(John 15: 12-15)
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

  Sometimes it is hard for me to realize that God considers us his friend!! how many times have we all let him down and hurt him but yet he still loves us!! He really loves us and considers us HIS FRIEND!! If that is all I ever have than that's ok with me, to be a friend to the Lord almighty!!! What a great day it is EVERYDAY to know that! This also reminds me of one of my favorite songs called I am a friend of God by Israel and New Breed. That song has really got me through a lot of things. Sometimes when things were not going so well and I felt so alone that song really just made me realize that through it ALL I am a friend of God and he is the creator of all things so why should I fret?? I mean he actually sent his son to die for us, HOW AMAZING??? Who in your life would die for you even if you were their enemy and hated you? Well anyways I just feel so blessed today, I mean really blessed to know that God is my friend and he loves me so much. On to the rest of my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment