Psalm 1
1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.
2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.
2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.
4 But not the wicked!
They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind.
5 They will be condemned at the time of judgment.
Sinners will have no place among the godly.
6 For the Lord watches over the path of the godly,
but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.
They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind.
5 They will be condemned at the time of judgment.
Sinners will have no place among the godly.
6 For the Lord watches over the path of the godly,
but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.
I just wanted to start off this post with the chapter i read today. I read a bible devotion today about the seeds being planted in our lives come from the word. I know that I do not read my bible as much as I would like and lately it has been laid upon my heart to read and seek the truth in God's word more and more. I really like verse 2. I will write it here again
But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.
meditating on it day and night.
This is a very true! In all things that we do everyday we should be thinking of God's word. God's word is the instruction for our life. It amazes me how people, myself included, are searching for answers and sometimes the answer is right there in front of them, but they do not take the time to study and meditate and pray to find it. New Years is right around the corner and though reading my bible more is one of my resolutions I am going to start early! Dig in again! I am going to stick with Psalms for right now and see how it goes.
On the other hand, it has been snowing outside all day and it looks beautiful! It really makes me feel so blessed to live in the great state of Alaska! I love it here and even though I will miss it when we move next year, I will be happy to be in a warmer place!! One of my college classes this semester was on the five love languages for couples. I also went to a couples retreat and it was mentioned and then I seen a lady talking about it on TV. I am thinking this is God's way of telling me i need to find out my love language and my husbands! I took the quiz today and I am very surprised at what my love language is. Words of affirmation, i scored a perfect on it lol. I am going to have my husband take it sometime soon so I can figure out his! I really think this will be a good way to learn more about each other and become even more intimate! Anyways I just want to say have a blessed day!!!!
~Bethany
No comments:
Post a Comment